Thursday 11 June 2009

So long and farewell...

I haven't done much since I last wrote, it's practically the end of college now (I finish properly next Friday) but most of my lessons no longer exist and I only have 2 exams left - one of them is General Studies so that doesn't really count. Last Thursday I sat 3 exams and then actually looked forward to going to work afterwards, I was so glad they were over. They didn't go very well at all, I got so bored in the General Studies exam I was actually glad I was next to the wall to lean on and snooze. :) I wrote quite a lot, and I DID try considering how much I hate it... but then again I thought I did okay last year and I got a U, so who knows? :) I re-sat one of those and received an A though, I don't know how that happened. I'm pretty sure I've failed french with flying colours, most of the girls in my class are native french speakers, and the other girl wants to do languages as a career, so there they all were... writing away, finishing early and I was sitting wondering what the hell I was doing there. It was SO hard. I'm not being pessimistic when I say I've failed, I'm being REALISTIC.

I've ditched my huge FRIENDS drawing for now, I always switch back and forth between artwork, and I've started an A1 acrylic painting of Johnny Depp dressed as Jack Sparrow in his trailer. It's going really well so far, and I can't wait until it's finished. I might try and sell it, people keep telling me to sell my art. I don't like parting with them though, haha...
I've also been watching Finding Neverland again, and I'm in love with Freddie Highmore. His scene in the garden when he gets upset is amazing, so go Freddie!
I've just found out the UK premiere date for Public Enemies as well, so I'm gonna try and go to that and get JD to sign one of my art pieces. Wish me luck!

Zoe took me out for my surprise early 18th birthday present on Tuesday 9th June, she wouldn't tell me what it was and then finally revealed on the day that she was taking me to see... THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES. Yes, that's right. I was so excited when I found out, and amused. I'd spoke to her about it before, saying it looked hilarious and I wanted to see it some day but that was ages ago so I had no idea. We went for a meal before hand at the pub where she works, and then walked to the Lichfield Garrick. People had told me it was meant to be funny, so I went into it positively, and it really really was the most hilarious thing I've seen in yonks. I advise anyone going to see it to think carefully about the amount of eye make-up they wear because it will be running down your cheeks, no matter how hard you try to control it. It's not the sort of thing you can go back and report to your family though, you can't really go and say 'Ohhh, yeah! It was wonderful Dad, I especially loved the part where they mimicked all the different types of orgasm moans! And when they recited all the different names for the vagina. Really top notch!'

I'd like to thank Zoe for doing that, it really meant a lot - she knows I like theatre so she went out and found something she knew I'd like, and it was amazing. Zoe, if you're reading this - you're my best friend and I'm gonna miss you so much when you cart yourself off to Cyprus in 2 weeks or so. I'm glad I'm coming over in August, we can party up Cyprus style, it'll be great! :D I hope everything goes okay for you on your travels, with James and just in general. You deserve all the happiness in the world, and you deserve to have a car that isn't multi-coloured, so good luck for that in the future. =) Je t'aime. And always remember, whenever you're in doubt, whenever you find yourself in a pickle, think back to the words of wisdom that will forever be lodged in your head...

ENGAGE BRAIN.
A bientôt, amigo!


P.S. I just want to quickly add... I PASSED MY THEORY DRIVING TEST!
My practical is now booked, but I'm not telling when. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment