Monday 1 June 2009

I Wanna Have... A 99 Flake On The Beach!


So yeah, not a good week for me. Whenever I think I'm getting better, something happens to knock me back down again. The sunshine has been brilliant though! <3

On Friday, there was a family argument that hit me hard, and I actually thought the worse. And it's still there in the back of my mind, it's bound to happen again. It does every couple years, but one day it'll be the last, which I really don't want to think about. I'm still kind of low about the news I received last week, so I'm pretty lost.

---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

I did have a brilliant day yesterday though, thanks to my friend Zoe. She suggested we go down the beach as the weather was meant to be really nice, so we left about 9am and got there for 11:30am. It's a lovely beach, tons of sand and usually a pier, but that burnt down...
We sat and ate fish and chips (which is compulsory for an english person at the seaside) and then a 99 Mr Whippy. Okay so I had two... the healthy eating is going really well. We then went for a spot of sunbathing, which turned out to be way too long. The temperature was about 27-30 degrees in the sunlight, I think... not sure, which is pretty hot for May time in England. There was a nice breeze but it kept blowing sand into the suntan lotion and pissing us off, so we moved around the corner where there wasn't as much breeze. It was really nice being able to relax and it completely took my mind off this year. I took a walk along the beach on my own by the sea, which at Weston Super-Mare is like... a mile out. I waded out a bit but it was pretty cold. I'd been warned about the tide going out but I didn't think it'd be as drastic as it was. A couple of hours later I went to paddle again and ended up in a vast expanse of sludgey crap staring at the sea in the far off distance. Which I then couldn't wash off until we found a tap... lovely. :)

Okay, so lovely day, it felt so nice and peaceful. I took the camera and I've uploaded some pictures to my Facebook. About 5 I realised I was burning so we got up to leave, and I soon realised I had contracted a serious case of lobster disease. It hurt in the car on the way home, there was the definitive outline of my shorts and bikini, the rest of me was red. So anyway, in the car on the way back we were stuck in a queue on the dual carriage-way and this car pulled up next to us with some guys in. They had an inflatable sheep which had been signed and they asked us to sign it and put our number on. I did, Zoe didn't. :D It was pretty random, but a bit of fun. About 45 minutes later, I had an answer phone message from one of the guys, in their cool Southern accents telling me to reply 1. Single 2. Hot (cause they couldn't remember who I was) and 3. If they stood a chance. ;) I replied 1, hopefully 2 and probably not 3 as they lived so far away. He gave me a call and he was pretty cute and made me laugh, haha. :) Just a bit of fun. I got back and my sunburn pain intensified and now I'm currently dying. I'm pure red on my legs and back, and I can't walk without looking like a constipated chicken. I couldn't actually go into college today even though I wanted to, so OUCH.

I have my driving theory test tomorrow, I've been doing small bits of revision but I'm going to do some more tonight, I'm scared for the hazard perception test to be honest. Hopefully I pass, and if I do, I'm booking my practical straight away because I want to get it over and done with. I have three exams this Thursday, and then work straight after, so wish me luck for that. I hope the pain has lessened tomorrow so I can go to my theory without looking like a constipated lobster. Also, when I was talking to my friend about my year and how I've been feeling, she said it sounded like I have anxiety, so I've searched it up and it does seem like that. Things WILL get better.

Anyway, I'm off to chill out, because lets face it, I can't do much else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment